continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Mick Knutson" <>
Subject Re: [c1.1] derby issue with .lck files not being cleaned up
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:29:04 GMT
I have been running derby almost file. But when I bounce Tomcat, the
db.lckfiles are not removed, thus giving me an error when I re-start
Tomcat as the
DB is already in use, which it is not. It is only because the lck files are
still present.

When I delete those 2 files, then re-start tomcat, everything is fine.

On Jan 15, 2008 11:22 AM, Wendy Smoak <> wrote:

> On Jan 15, 2008 12:13 PM, Mick Knutson <> wrote:
> > Trust me, I do NOT want to use Derby, but there is an Oracle bug:
> >

> > Thus I am forced to use Derby for now until that is fixed. So, any help
> > get this fixed on Derby until the above bug is fixed would be great....
> You can run Derby in standalone mode as Derby Network Server.  I think
> there are some instructions on either the Archiva or Continuum wiki.
> If it's Archiva, the instructions will be very similar for Continuum.
> --
> Wendy

Mick Knutson