continuum-users mailing list archives

From Bjørn T Johansen <...@havleik.no>
Subject Re: UTF-8?
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 08:03:59 GMT
On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 11:20:18 +0100
Bjørn T Johansen <btj@asp-as.no> wrote:

> I am trying to use PostgresSQL as our database but I have a problem with character encoding.
I am using ISO-8859-1
> as my encoding but it seems like Continuum insist on using UTF-8, how can I switch to
ISO-8859-1?

> Regards,
>
> BTJ

> Someone wrote:
> "I understand that if you play a Windows CD backwards you hear strange Satanic messages"
> To which someone replied:
> "It's even worse than that; play it forwards and it installs Windows"

No one knows how to get around this? We are running with ISO-8859-1 as locale and creates
the pgsql db with encoding=latin1...
When I use norwegian letters, it complains that continuum can't convert my Norwegain character
and throws an exception...
If I create the db as UTF-8 or use the included Derby database, I no longer get an error but
I only get question marks back from
the db for the Norwegian letters.

Can this really be so hard??

BTJ