continuum-users mailing list archives

From stephane pain <stephane.pain-prestata...@lcl.fr>
Subject Upgrade from 1.1-beta-3 to 1.1 failed
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 13:23:09 GMT

Hi,

   I use Continuum 1.1-beta-3 and I want to update it to 1.1 final. I
followed the instructions for upgrade, but I can't export data from my old
version.

I have downloaded data-management-cli-1.1-beta-3-app.jar and execute thie
command :
java -Xmx512m -jar data-management-cli-1.1-beta-4-app.jar -buildsJdbcUrl
jdbc:derby:${old.continuum.home}/data/continuum/database -mode EXPORT
-directory backups

This doesn't work because it can find some jar in the remote repository
(maybe because the server can't acces to Internet). So, I have had this jars
to my local repository :
- derby-10.1.3.1.jar
- data-management-jdo-1.1-beta-3.jar
- jpox-1.1.6.jar

After this, I had an exception because it can't find the class
ContinuumStoreException. So I have had the jar continuum-api-1.1-beta-3.jar
in the classpath.

And now, this doesn't work because it can't find a component descriptor in
the component repository :

0 [main] INFO org.apache.maven.continuum.management.DataManagementCli  -
Processing Continuum database...
Exception in thread "main"
org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLookupException:
Unable to lookup
 component 'org.apache.maven.continuum.management.DataManagementTool', it
could not be started
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultComponentLookupManager.lookup(DefaultComponentLookupManager.java:156)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:333)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.management.DataManagementCli.processDatabase(DataManagementCli.java:233)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.management.DataManagementCli.main(DataManagementCli.java:146)
Caused by:
org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLifecycleException:
Error starting component
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.AbstractComponentManager.startComponentLifecycle(AbstractComponentManag
er.java:146)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.AbstractComponentManager.createComponentInstance(AbstractComponentManag
er.java:132)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.ClassicSingletonComponentManager.getComponent(ClassicSingletonComponent
Manager.java:90)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultComponentLookupManager.lookup(DefaultComponentLookupManager.java:147)
        ... 3 more
Caused by:
org.codehaus.plexus.personality.plexus.lifecycle.phase.PhaseExecutionException:
Error composing component
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.personality.plexus.lifecycle.phase.CompositionPhase.execute(CompositionPhase.java:53)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.lifecycle.AbstractLifecycleHandler.start(AbstractLifecycleHandler.java:128)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.AbstractComponentManager.startComponentLifecycle(AbstractComponentManag
er.java:142)
        ... 6 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.component.composition.CompositionException:
Composition failed of field store in object o
f type org.apache.maven.continuum.management.JdoDataManagementTool because
the requirement ComponentRequirement{role='or
g.apache.maven.continuum.store.ContinuumStore', roleHint='jdo',
fieldName='store'} was missing (lookup realm: app)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.composition.AbstractComponentComposer.findRequirement(AbstractComponentComposer
.java:245)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.composition.FieldComponentComposer.assignRequirementToField(FieldComponentCompo
ser.java:66)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.composition.FieldComponentComposer.assignRequirement(FieldComponentComposer.jav
a:57)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.composition.AbstractComponentComposer.assembleComponent(AbstractComponentCompos
er.java:142)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.composition.DefaultComponentComposerManager.assembleComponent(DefaultComponentC
omposerManager.java:72)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.personality.plexus.lifecycle.phase.CompositionPhase.execute(CompositionPhase.java:46)
        ... 8 more
Caused by:
org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLookupException:
Component descriptor cannot be f
ound in the component repository:
org.apache.maven.continuum.store.ContinuumStore [jdo] (lookup realm:
ClassRealm[app, p
arent: ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]]).
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultComponentLookupManager.lookup(DefaultComponentLookupManager.java:139)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:333)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.composition.AbstractComponentComposer.findRequirement(AbstractComponentComposer
.java:232)
        ... 13 more

Thank you for your help

St├ęphane