continuum-users mailing list archives

From Petter Måhlén <petter.mah...@jadestone.se>
Subject RE: UTF-8?
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 08:22:40 GMT
Yes - character encodings are always a nightmare. I'd say the by far best
solution (if at all possible) is to change your database configuration and
use UTF-8 throughout. Latin-1 is a bad idea, even if you're only planning to
support Norwegian in your application. I've lost count of the number of
hours I've spent chasing down character encodings-related problems in
different applications, but I've learned to always go for UTF-8 everywhere
if I can.

/ Petter