continuum-users mailing list archives

From ossi petz <ossip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contimuum 1.1 with MySQL 5.0
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 16:44:48 GMT
Hallo

i have a very similar issue (etch mysql 5.0.32):

2007-12-04 17:09:50,777 [main] ERROR JPOX.RDBMS  - Error thrown
executing CREATE TABLE `SECURITY_OPERATIONS`
(
     `NAME` VARCHAR(256) BINARY NOT NULL,
     `DESCRIPTION` VARCHAR(256) BINARY NULL,
     `PERMANENT` BIT NOT NULL,
     `RESOURCE_REQUIRED` BIT NOT NULL,
     PRIMARY KEY (`NAME`)
) ENGINE=INNODB : Specified key was too long; max key length is 765 bytes
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Specified key was
too long; max key length is 765 bytes

in the jpox forums are quite some posts on this. it seems to be some 256
 > 255 issue in JDO specs as mysql is a little strict in lengths. the
workaround i found working is change the charset of the database from
utf-8 to latin1_general_ci

ALTER DATABASE `mvn_continuum` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE
latin1_general_ci

hope this helps :)
regards

ossi