continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Eramo" <mark.er...@trustvesta.com>
Subject RE: order of member project execution
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2007 22:00:56 GMT
Hi Jeff,
   What you want to do is build a Parent pom for the projects then you can define modules
in the order that they will be built. When you run mvn against the Parent Pom, it will build
the modules in the order they are defined. You will still need poms for all the childrens
projects as they will get executed at the individual project level.

For example, in the parent pom at the top, I have a modules section that defines the projecs
in order that I want to build:

<modules>
    <module>Project1</module>
    <module>Project2</module>
    <module>Projec3</module>
</modules>

Regards,
Mark

________________________________

From: Danda, Jeff X [ITG Consultant for Sprint] [mailto:Jeff.Danda@sprint.com]
Sent: Mon 12/3/2007 12:07 PM
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: order of member project execution

I need to execute a collection of member projects in a specific order.
I have some mvn artifact dependencies that need to be compiled in
sequence.  I have created a single Project Group and added Member
Projects in a specific order all with the DEFAULT_SCHEDULE.   The
Project Group Summary then lists out all of these Member Projects in
alphabetical order.  When Build All Project(s) is clicked the Member
Projects are then executed in alphabetical order.  This is not desired.
I wish to execute them in the order that they were added.  How do I do
this?  How do I ensure that Member Projects are executed in a desired
order?

Also, I did try to get Continuum to execute my Member Projects in order
by creating a parent pom with my child pom projects as modules.  This
did not work either - the (module) Member Projects were still executed
alphabetically.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jeff