continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Roger Ye" <roger...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven Site, No Anonymous Access to Source Repository
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 14:48:49 GMT
In a normal build, it's ok to use the anonymous connection, but what if I
want do a mvn release using continuum, that will require checking in and
tagging, therefore a developer connection is necessary, so it depends.

I think, when adding a maven project into continuum, the user should be
asked to choose between the readonly anonymous connection or read-write
developer connection, afterwards, continuum can read the relevent connection
and use that, or report the error if the corresponding connection is N/A.

One more step, if and only if the anonymous connection url and the developer
connection url are the same, then, whether readonly or read-write is just
the result of user authentication, anonymous results in readonly
connection, whilst an authenticated user with write priviledge can get a
read-write connection. So this could mean that we only need one connection
url and let user select the authentication type, which determine the
writability of the connection. so we may deprecate the
scm.developerConnection element? hmm...

Thanks
Roger