continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Claudio Ranieri" <claud...@buscape-inc.com>
Subject Re: Problem to send email (Validation user) with Continuum 1.1 final
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2007 10:32:05 GMT
Ok Wendy,

Usualy I create the user because of the permission.
I understood, thank you for return.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wendy Smoak" <wsmoak@gmail.com>
To: <continuum-users@maven.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 12:57 AM
Subject: Re: Problem to send email (Validation user) with Continuum 1.1
final

On Dec 27, 2007 11:52 AM, Claudio Ranieri <claudior@buscape-inc.com> wrote:

> But it isnĀ“t intuitive.
> Could you add parameter email.validation.required=false in
> security.properties (trunk version)?
> Other solution is add automatically send email in creating user.

IMO it's slightly broken at the moment.  If you (as an admin) manually
create a user, he shouldn't *also* have to validate by receiving and
clicking a link in an email.  That's what the issue I linked to is
about.

I consider self-registration (which works) to be the normal use case,
and manually creating users to be the alternate.  So the current
defaults make sense to me.

Are you more likely to create a user than to have them self-register?

--
Wendy