Hello, I’m currently evaluating CI tools and the time has come to Continuum. I decided to try the 1.1-beta4 because when the time comes to implement the CI into our organization I’m sure 1.1 has gone final.

I have installed the standalone version of continuum-1.1-beta-4 on windows 2003 server using MySQL 5.1. Everything seems to work until I try to register a new user. The database already contains the two users ‘admin’ and ‘guest’ from the installment. I receive the “Welcome to Maven Continuum” email as well even if I’m not registered in the database. I belive I have carefully set up things according to docs, but of course I may have made a mistake.

The log says:

javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException: Insert request failed: INSERT INTO `JDOUSER` (`ACCOUNT_CREATION_DATE`,`ENCODED_PASSWORD`,`EMAIL`,`LAST_PASSWORD_CHANGE`,`FULL_NAME`,`VALIDATED`,`PASSWORD_CHANGE_REQUIRED`,`COUNT_FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS`,`LAST_LOGIN_DATE`,`PERMANENT`,`USER_PASSWORD`,`LOCKED`,`MODEL_ENCODING`,`USERNAME`) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)

(...)

java.sql.SQLException: Incorrect string value: '\xEF\xBF\xBD' for column 'FULL_NAME' at row 1

Does somebody know anything about this error? The entire log has been attached to this mail.

Best Regards,

Rubberduck Media Lab

Eigil Hysvær

E-mail:    eigil.hysvar@rubberduckmedialab.com