continuum-users mailing list archives

From <Manuel.R...@t-systems.com>
Subject AW: AW: AW: CVS checkout fails: "Terminated with fatal signal 11"
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 16:19:08 GMT

As I wrote in my initial request I'm aware of the virtual memory thingy... (I even quoted
that)
The thing is that the same cvs command runs fine via shell on the same machine that continuum
runs on.
So I'm pretty sure that this is not [2] a memory issue on the cvs server.
About 40 people are using the cvs server and memory never was a problem.

Continuum itself runs on a dedicated machine with 3GB RAM and an intel xeon 2GHz multicore
cpu, this is rather oversized than insufficient hardware.

Is it possible that the local JVM is out of memory? Although, wouldn't I got an OutOfMemory
Exception if this was the case?
Are you aware of situations when continuum's process  needs a lot of memory?

Is it possible to write the output of the cvs command to the continuum logs?

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Emmanuel Venisse [mailto:emmanuel@venisse.net]
Gesendet: Montag, 12. November 2007 15:38
An: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: CVS checkout fails: "Terminated with fatal signal 11"

After a quick search on Google [1], it seems you're not alone with this cvs error. But it's
sure it isn't a Continuum error but a cvs issue, maybe a memory issue on the cvs server [2]

[1] http://www.google.fr/search?q=Terminated+with+fatal+signal+11
[2] http://osdir.com/ml/version-control.cvs.bugs/2002-04/msg00298.html

Emmanuel