continuum-users mailing list archives

From "MATHUS Baptiste" <mathu...@mipih.fr>
Subject RE: Why "Same state, not sending message"
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:42:03 GMT
Hi,

OK, it works. Although I found the file in $CONTINUUM_HOME/apps/continuum/conf/application.xml
instead.
Maybe that was something that changed between continuum 1.03 and continuum 1.1.

Thanks.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Emmanuel Venisse [mailto:emmanuel@venisse.net]
Envoyé : vendredi 30 novembre 2007 11:41
À : continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Objet : Re: Why "Same state, not sending message"

You can configure "alwaysSend to true in WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/plexus/application.xml in
the mail notifier component descriptor.

By default, we don't send notifications if the state doesn't change to not spam users.

Emmanuel

MATHUS Baptiste a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I've taken a look on the website, but I can't find where this rule is explained or defined.
>
> Here's the log I have on some projects that've been modified :
> 2007-11-30 11:12:40,944 [Thread-2] DEBUG Notifier:mail                  - Current build
state: 2, previous build state: 2
> 2007-11-30 11:12:40,944 [Thread-2] INFO  Notifier:mail                  - Same state,
not sending message.

> I configured my pom this way :
> 	<ciManagement>
> 		<system>continuum</system>
> 		<url>http://mvnrepo.mipih.fr:8080/continuum</url>
> 		<notifiers>
> 			<notifier>
> 				<type>mail</type>
> 				<sendOnError>true</sendOnError>
> 				<sendOnFailure>true</sendOnFailure>
> 				<sendOnSuccess>true</sendOnSuccess>
> 				<sendOnWarning>true</sendOnWarning>
> 				<configuration>
> 					<address>sm-commits@mipih.fr</address>
> 				</configuration>
> 			</notifier>
> 		</notifiers>
> 	</ciManagement>
>
> I don't want continuum to send mails only when build state has changed (btw, I suppose
build state "2" is Success. Maybe the logs would be clearer saying "success" instead of "2",
isn't it ?

> In fact, we're currently just starting our continuous integration, so maybe this'll change
in the future, but for now we want every builds to send a message, even if there were two
successive successful builds for example (or two failures).