continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: Why "Same state, not sending message"
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:52:35 GMT

MATHUS Baptiste a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> OK, it works. Although I found the file in $CONTINUUM_HOME/apps/continuum/conf/application.xml
instead.
> Maybe that was something that changed between continuum 1.03 and continuum 1.1.

Yes.

> Thanks.

in the mail notifier component descriptor.

> By default, we don't send notifications if the state doesn't change to not spam users.
>
> Emmanuel
>
> MATHUS Baptiste a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've taken a look on the website, but I can't find where this rule is explained or
defined.

>> Here's the log I have on some projects that've been modified :
>> 2007-11-30 11:12:40,944 [Thread-2] DEBUG Notifier:mail                  - Current
build state: 2, previous build state: 2
>> 2007-11-30 11:12:40,944 [Thread-2] INFO  Notifier:mail                  - Same state,
not sending message.

>> I configured my pom this way :
>> 	<ciManagement>
>> 		<system>continuum</system>
>> 		<url>http://mvnrepo.mipih.fr:8080/continuum</url>
>> 		<notifiers>
>> 			<notifier>
>> 				<type>mail</type>
>> 				<sendOnError>true</sendOnError>
>> 				<sendOnFailure>true</sendOnFailure>
>> 				<sendOnSuccess>true</sendOnSuccess>
>> 				<sendOnWarning>true</sendOnWarning>
>> 				<configuration>
>> 					<address>sm-commits@mipih.fr</address>
>> 				</configuration>
>> 			</notifier>
>> 		</notifiers>
>> 	</ciManagement>
>>
>> I don't want continuum to send mails only when build state has changed (btw, I suppose
build state "2" is Success. Maybe the logs would be clearer saying "success" instead of "2",
isn't it ?

>> In fact, we're currently just starting our continuous integration, so maybe this'll
change in the future, but for now we want every builds to send a message, even if there were
two successive successful builds for example (or two failures).