continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: Building project root as recursive build
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 09:31:09 GMT

ArneD a écrit :
> I noticed two problems with building the root of a projcet as a recursive
> build. I'm still on 1.1-beta-3, but at least from the release notes I could
> not see anything that this has been changed for 1.1-beta-4 or the 1.1 RC.
>
> First of all, when adding a Maven 2.0+ project using a POM url, with the
> checkbox "For multi modules project, load only root as recursive build"
> enabled, still all sub-modules get added to Continuum and must be removed
> manually afterwards.

I can't remember if it was a problem inbeta-3 but I tested with beta-4 and 1.1 final (that
should be released in few days) and I have only the parent pom added.

> The second problem is regarding automatic builds in case one of the
> dependencies has changed. Only the dependencies of the root module seem to
> be considered. The "project information" page on multi-module projects also
> only shows the dependencies of the root module.

If you use the recursive mode without sub-modules, continuum doesn't know sub-modules so it
doesn't know sub-dependencies.

In future versions, you'll can add some dependencies between continuum projects to create
links between them but not in 1.1

Emmanuel