continuum-users mailing list archives

From Eigil Hysvær <eigil.hys...@rubberduckmedialab.com>
Subject RE: MySQL-5.1 INSERT error with continuum-1.1-beta-4
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 18:28:36 GMT
Sorry, my mistake yes.

I suddenly realized this was some UTF-8 related problem because of the
'\xEF\xBF\xBD' string.

I always use the string
jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/continuum?useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=
UTF-8 for some reasons.

I just got rid of the ?useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=UTF-8 thing,
and then it worked...

Thanks!

  _____

From: Eigil Hysvær [mailto:eigil.hysvar@rubberduckmedialab.com]
Sent: 14. november 2007 19:09
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: MySQL-5.1 INSERT error with continuum-1.1-beta-4

Hello, I’m currently evaluating CI tools and the time has come to Continuum.
I decided to try the 1.1-beta4 because when the time comes to implement the
CI into our organization I’m sure 1.1 has gone final.

I have installed the standalone version of continuum-1.1-beta-4 on windows
2003 server using MySQL 5.1. Everything seems to work until I try to
register a new user. The database already contains the two users ‘admin’ and
‘guest’ from the installment. I receive the “Welcome to Maven Continuum”
email as well even if I’m not registered in the database. I belive I have
carefully set up things according to docs, but of course I may have made a
mistake.

The log says:

javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException: Insert request failed: INSERT INTO
`JDOUSER`
(`ACCOUNT_CREATION_DATE`,`ENCODED_PASSWORD`,`EMAIL`,`LAST_PASSWORD_CHANGE`,`
FULL_NAME`,`VALIDATED`,`PASSWORD_CHANGE_REQUIRED`,`COUNT_FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMP
TS`,`LAST_LOGIN_DATE`,`PERMANENT`,`USER_PASSWORD`,`LOCKED`,`MODEL_ENCODING`,
`USERNAME`) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)

(...)

java.sql.SQLException: Incorrect string value: '\xEF\xBF\xBD' for column
'FULL_NAME' at row 1

Does somebody know anything about this error? The entire log has been
attached to this mail.

Best Regards,

Rubberduck Media Lab

Eigil Hysvær