continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: Running Continuum as a service under Red Hat
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 16:53:57 GMT
I don't have a Redhat to test it but if it doesn't run for you, you can extract the continuum
startup script from it:

#! /bin/sh
# chkconfig: 345 90 10

# uncoment to set JAVA_HOME as the value present when Continuum installed
#export JAVA_HOME=${JAVA_HOME}

if [ -z "\${JAVA_HOME}" ]
then
   echo "Cannot manage Continuum without variable JAVA_HOME set"
   echo "  (try to set it on file ${INITD_SCRIPT})"
   exit 1
fi
# run Continuum as root
cd ${CONTINUUM_HOME}
./run.sh \$*
# run Continuum as user _continuum_user_
#su - _continuum_user_ -c "cd ${CONTINUUM_HOME}; ./run.sh \$*"
EOF

Change CONTINUUM_HOME and INITD_SCRIPT to the right values, then launch it to see if it run.
When it run, run the following commands:

chkconfig --add continuum

chkconfig continuum on

Hope it will help you.

Emmanuel