continuum-users mailing list archives

From ArneD <>
Subject Re: Building project root as recursive build
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:14:45 GMT

Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
> ArneD a écrit :
>> I noticed two problems with building the root of a projcet as a recursive
>> build. I'm still on 1.1-beta-3, but at least from the release notes I
>> could
>> not see anything that this has been changed for 1.1-beta-4 or the 1.1 RC.
>> First of all, when adding a Maven 2.0+ project using a POM url, with the
>> checkbox "For multi modules project, load only root as recursive build"
>> enabled, still all sub-modules get added to Continuum and must be removed
>> manually afterwards.
> I can't remember if it was a problem inbeta-3 but I tested with beta-4 and
> 1.1 final (that should be released in few days) and I have only the parent
> pom added.

Thanks, I'll try again with 1.1 after the release, and would file a bug in
case it occurs again.

>> The second problem is regarding automatic builds in case one of the
>> dependencies has changed. Only the dependencies of the root module seem
>> be considered. The "project information" page on multi-module projects
>> also
>> only shows the dependencies of the root module.
> If you use the recursive mode without sub-modules, continuum doesn't know
> sub-modules so it doesn't know sub-dependencies.
> In future versions, you'll can add some dependencies between continuum
> projects to create links between them but not in 1.1

Wouldn't it be possible and desireable for Continuum to evaluate the modules
section of the root POM and then the POMs of all relevant sub-modules in
order to determine the correct dependencies?

- Arne

Sent from the Continuum - Users mailing list archive at

View raw message