continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: scm in pom?
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 00:34:29 GMT
On 10/25/07, deckrider <deckrider@gmail.com> wrote:

> pom.xml?  Thus if its no longer valid, everything else would still
> work in the case that we needed to rebuild some artifacts from their
> original tags?

It gets used when you generate the website [1], but that and Continuum
are the only things I know of that care about it.   Maybe the scm
plugin uses it?

> This somehow feels non-modular to me that all my projects that I put
> in my SCM should know about the SCM in which they exist (and their
> location within that SCM), but perhaps there is some clue that I'm
> missing.

Well... how often is this really going to be an issue?  There should
be only one SCM of record, and that's the one that belongs in the pom
of projects under active development.

[1] http://myfaces.apache.org/api/source-repository.html

--
Wendy