continuum-users mailing list archives

From Ashley Williams <ashley.willi...@db.com>
Subject Re: server certificate verification failed
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:51:09 GMT
I would expect that if I have taken the decision to connect to a
repository for development then it would go without saying that I also
trust that site.
I'm not suggesting also that continuum auto-trusts out of the box, but
rather as a configurable property and maybe against certain certificates.

However I take your point that this is a subversion config issue - looks
like I'll be browsing the redbook for the next half an hour ;)

Thanks
- Ashley

"Graham Leggett" <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote on 15/10/2007 10:37:38:

> On Mon, October 15, 2007 10:57 am, Ashley Williams wrote:
>
> > Ok I can do this. I was hoping that since continuum is responsible for
> > calling out to subversion, it could automatically accept on my behalf.
> > After all I've already told continuum of my user name and password for
the
> > repository url so it should have everything it needs to do this.
>
> The trouble with this is that by doing this, you are removing most of
the
> protection the SSL certificate is offering you.
>
> Subversion can be configured to trust a root CA certificate(s), which
will
> mean in theory that subversion will always trust any new certs it finds,
> on condition those certs are signed by a trusted root CA. This should
make
> your problem go away.
>
> Regards,
> Graham