continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: server certificate verification failed
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:37:38 GMT
On Mon, October 15, 2007 10:57 am, Ashley Williams wrote:

> Ok I can do this. I was hoping that since continuum is responsible for
> calling out to subversion, it could automatically accept on my behalf.
> After all I've already told continuum of my user name and password for the
> repository url so it should have everything it needs to do this.

The trouble with this is that by doing this, you are removing most of the
protection the SSL certificate is offering you.

Subversion can be configured to trust a root CA certificate(s), which will
mean in theory that subversion will always trust any new certs it finds,
on condition those certs are signed by a trusted root CA. This should make
your problem go away.

Regards,
Graham