continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: XML-RPC 1.1: getProjects/getAllProjectGroupsWithProjects vs getProject
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:12:12 GMT

Banck, Arent-Jan a écrit :
> Hi,
> Trying out the XML-RPC client from the trunk.
>
> When using XML-RPC API getAllProjectGroupsWithProjects and getProjects,
> the projects returned do not have al fields set. Parent, dependencies,
> developers, notifiers are null.

the projects list returned by getAllProjectGroupsWithProjects and getProjects is a List<ProjectSummary>,
if you use a List<Project>, it is normal to have some null values because all datas
of Project
class aren't populated.

> Not sure what it should be: Either this is a bug and these fields should
> be set, or these methods have incorrect names and should be something
> like getProjectSummaries / getAllProjectGroupsWithProjectSummaries

yes, maybe we'll need to rename them or use java5 type notation in the client.

> There is a method called getProjectWithAllDetails, this is also
> confusing: If I don't want details I would use getProjectSummaries. The
> difference between a project-without-details and a project-summary is
> unclear to me.

a project summary is a project without details (notifiers, dependencies, parent, build results,
build definitions)

Emmanuel