continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: adding a maven 2.0 project to continuum
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 11:58:39 GMT

Ionut S a écrit :
> Then maybe I'm doing something wrong, cause I just downloaded a clean 1.0.3 version and,
after I added the pom.xml file continuum created me all the subprojects in it..

As I explained in my previous mail, it's in 1.1, not 1.0.3, that you can add only the parent
project.

> Anyway.. is there a place where I can see a usual procedure for branching a project ?
I googled for a while, but couldn't find something relevant.

To add a project from a branch is similar to add a project from a trunk in continuum.
Modify all versions in your branch, set correctly the scm URLs and add your project in continuum

Emmanuel

> Emmanuel Venisse <emmanuel@venisse.net> wrote: With 1.0.3, all projects are added
as single project and the build definition is configured to run in non recursive mode.
> - Remove all your sub projects in Continuum
> - Update the build definition of your parent project by removing the non recursive parameter
>
> In 1.1, we have an option the don't add sub-modules in the Add Project page
>
> Emmanuel
>
> Ionut S a écrit :
>> Hi guys,
>> I'm trying to add a maven 2.0 project to continuum 1.0.3. First I gave it a link
to my pom.xml file (which contains modules) and it created projects for each module inside
my pom. This was correct although not what I wanted (I learned that the hard way - when I
read the documentation later I found out it was supposed to do that).

>> Anyway, what I want is a single project which builds all the modules, not a project
for each module.. Can you let me know how to do that, please ? I looked for some documentation
but couldn't find anything..

>> Also, we are trying to understand how to handle branches within continuum.. Can anyone
point me to a documentation, please ?