continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: What happens when someone commits while a multi-project is building ?
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:31:54 GMT

Damien Lecan a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm working with Continuum 1.1-beta-3.
>
> I have a multi-project configured as a project group in Continuum, ie
> I can see 1 continuum project per Maven project.
>
> I setup a build scheduled each day at 11am. The complete build lasts 25min.
>
> Today, someone commited severals files in several projects during the
> build (at 11:15).
>
> Of course, projects already built were OK, but projects built after
> commit were updated by Continuum and built with errors ! They needed
> new files in projects already built by Continuum and so not updated.
>
> Is it a bug/feature ? Continuum should not update a project from SCM
> if a commit appears during a build.

It isn't a bug, when Continuum build a module, it can't know files updated in the current
module require some modified files in other modules.
When other modules will be rebuilt (due to changes in their scm) the current module will be
rebuilt too.

If you don't want one project in continuum by module, but only the parent project, remove
all modules and remove the --non-recursive parameter on the build definition.

Emmanuel