continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: Project on SVN with a not versioned parent
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 12:43:33 GMT
If I use your URL,, I get this message with the right URL:

jvm 1    | 2007-10-09 13:41:03,468 [SocketListener0-0] INFO  org.codehaus.plexus.action.Action:create-projects-from-metadata
 - URL is not valid:
http://gea:81/data/svn/pss/application/prova/common/pom.xml
jvm 1    | java.net.UnknownHostException: gea

so maybe you specified the wrong URL

Emmanuel

Raffaele a écrit :
> Ok thanks,
> Now I have Maven 2.0.7 and in my home I put the settings.xml file which
> contains all the configurations to go to our private internal repository on
> Artifactory.
>
> Nevertheless, I've got yet some errors:
> URL is not valid: http://gea81/data/svn/pss/application/prova/common/pom.xml
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2007/10/09 12:40:10 | java.net.UnknownHostException:
> gea81
>
> I'm sure that I have specified this url:
> http://gea:81/data/svn/pss/application/prova/common/pom.xml
>
> Perhaps there are some parsing bug?
>
> Regards.
> Raffaele
>

> Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
>>

>> Raffaele a écrit :
>>> Ok, I'm starting to understand...
>>>
>>> I have performed another test specifying the pom url of "leaf" project
>>> named
>>> common.
>>> Then I went to see logs and the sensible log rows are these(I've cut some
>>> shallow info):
>>> WARN  WagonManager:default           - Unable to get resource
>>> 'org.pss.toolkit:toolkit-parent:pom:1' from repository central
>>> (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
>>> INFO  Continuum:default              - Created 0 projects.
>>> INFO  Continuum:default              - Created 0 project groups.
>>> INFO  Continuum:default              - 1 errors.
>>> INFO  Continuum:default              - 1 errors during project add:
>>> INFO  Continuum:default              -
>>> add.project.artifact.not.found.error
>>>
>>> At this point it is clear that Continuum is attempting to find parent pom
>>> in
>>> the Central repository, is right? But my parent poms are inside
>>> Artifactory,
>>> but my company repository is specified inside the settings.xml file in
>>> the
>>> conf folder of maven installation.
>> Continuum don't read settings.xml in the conf folder but in
>> ${user.home}/.m2/
>> It's better to store your settings here, so it is shared by continuum and
>> all your maven installations.
>>
>>> A stupid question:
>>> Continuum comes with maven or I have also to install maven in the machine
>>> which hosts Continuum?
>> You must install it.
>>
>> Emmanuel
>>
>>> Thanks again