continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: When builds are done in multi-module projects ?
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 07:36:38 GMT

Emmanuel Venisse a écrit :

>>> After few try, I can't reproduce your issue. I have always the same
>>> number (1) of build result on each project
>>
>> With 2 build definitions together ? Aaarrgghh :(
>
> Oooops, no.
>
> I'll do a new test.

ok, with two build def, it was easy to reproduce it :)
I understand why it happen but unfortunately, I don't think we can't fix it for 1.1.

The problem:

After to check scm changes, Continuum look at dependencies changes. To do that, it look only
at dependencies that are continuum project too. For them, a new version is detected if the
latest build
result of the dependency/project is more recent than the latest build result of the current
build definition. In case on more than one build def, we can't know if all build def of the
dependency
generate an artifact or not, we know only if a new build was done and we add it in dependencies
changes.

Emmanuel