continuum-users mailing list archives

From deckrider <deckri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: scm in pom?
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:19:06 GMT
> On 10/25/07, deckrider <deckrider@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It appears that I have to put scm information into my pom.xml in order
> > to use a Maven 2 project in Continuum.  Is this true?
>
> Yes.  That's how Continuum knows how to find the source code to check it out.

Thanks for responding.

> I can't imagine why you would add code from a tag to Continuum...

pom.xml?  Thus if its no longer valid, everything else would still
work in the case that we needed to rebuild some artifacts from their
original tags?

> but
> yes, you'll need to update the code on trunk and branches with the
> correct scm url.

This somehow feels non-modular to me that all my projects that I put
in my SCM should know about the SCM in which they exist (and their
location within that SCM), but perhaps there is some clue that I'm
missing.