continuum-users mailing list archives

From Antonín Faltýnek <to...@kaf.cz>
Subject Re: Multiple scheduled builds on the same project...
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 06:43:57 GMT
Dne středa 31. října 2007 Eric D. Nielsen napsal(a):
> I'm a little confused over how multiple build definitiions on different
> schedules interact within a project.  After reading several threads
> it looks like my understand was correct, yet my installation doesn't
> seem to behave as expected.
>
> I have three schedules set up:
> Hourly
> Every four hours
> Nightly
>
> I have four build definitions
> Hourly: clean test
> Every four hours: clean integration-test
> Nightly: clean install
> Nightly: clean site site:deploy
>
> When a SVN commit occurs, the next hourly build shows that it detects
> the
> changes and builds.  The nightly and four-hourly builds don't seem to
> respond.
> I thought that each schedule had its own "dirty" checker for SCM, so
> that the fact
> that their were no changes since the hourly build shouldn't stop
> these other schedules
> from running.  However when I looked in the continuum working
> directly, I see only a
> single checked out project directory, so I wouldn't expect it to
> think that the project
> needs to be built....
>
> So my questions are
>
> a) should the different builds function independently of each others
> "updated-ness"
>
> b) if yes, where should I look to debug this?
> c) if no, what's the correct configuration to establish my desired
> build schedules?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Eric

I had same issues Eric with version 1.0.3, then we upgraded to 1.1b3, which
enables configuration, that specific build definition should be
performed "ALWAYS", and that should be used "CVS CO" instead of "CVS UPDATE".

These two features can help you.

Also there is issue, that if you have several build definitions (as in your
example), then if your "nightly clean install" fail, but "nightly site
site:deploy" performs successfully, you will se green "success" icon in
project list and you have not good view on project state until you check
build results.

Tonda