continuum-users mailing list archives

From Eric D Nielsen <niels...@MIT.EDU>
Subject Re: Dealing with build variables
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:21:19 GMT
On 10/28/07, Wendy wrote:
>On 10/28/07, Eric D Nielsen <nielsene@mit.edu> wrote:
>
>> I have some integration tests that I want to run as part of the build
>> verification process.  These tests have to hit a database.  I've been using
>> Maven 2 based filtering to inject some properties into the appropriate
places.
>> But, of course, I don't want to check the database username/password into my
>> SCM.
>
>With Maven, "developer-specific" settings typically go in
>settings.xml.  Would adding some properties to the settings.xml file
>of the user who is running Continuum work for you?

Thank you.  Yes, that was the piece I was missing.  I've gotten my current setup
to work quite smoothly now.

I know its off-topic here, but it seems like an appropriate followup...  Is
there a best practice for distributing setting.xml "templates" so that
developers know what settings they need to configure before trying to build?

Eric