continuum-users mailing list archives

From Eric D Nielsen <niels...@MIT.EDU>
Subject Dealing with build variables
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2007 17:56:23 GMT
I'm new to Continuum (and to setting up a CI server in general).

I would have assume this was an FAQ type question, but I don't see in in either
the FAQ or on searching the mailing list archives.

I have some integration tests that I want to run as part of the build
verification process.  These tests have to hit a database.  I've been using
Maven 2 based filtering to inject some properties into the appropriate places.
But, of course, I don't want to check the database username/password into my
SCM.

I'm not sure what the best practice is?  I can sorta imagine something similar
to what I used in Rails/cap deployments of a shared directory across code
checkouts that contains the filter properties, but that doesn't seem to fit
with how Continuum is set up.

I can almost picture using Installations to build up a series of environment
variables with the needed settings, but it doesn't really feel right.

Can anyone offer any advice/steer to me to appropriate documentation?

Thank you

Eric