continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Julien Stern" <julien.st...@cryptolog.com>
Subject Re: 1.1-beta-3 crashes and corrupts database ?
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 14:48:28 GMT
On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 03:48:15PM +0200, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
> I think it's a problem with NEXT_VAL values in SEQUENCE_TABLE. Look at the
> end of
> http://maven.apache.org/continuum/guides/mini/guide-data-management.html
> for informations.

Many thanks for the link. It took a bit of time as the server is
headless, but it now works again.

However, I believe there is a fairly major bug that needs to be fixed.
Indeed, the error did not occur after an import, but simply during
the normal course of continuum...

Well, to be quite precise, if you're interested, here is what happened:

1) I imported the continuum db from beta-2 with the data mngt tool
2) I started beta-3 (no problem)
3) It ran for a week or so
4) It crashed for some unknown reason
5) It would not restart because of this db problem

So, maybe the DB was corrupted from step 1, but if that is not the case,
there is a big problem :)

Regards,

--
Julien