continuum-users mailing list archives

From jmartin <jmar...@arenasolutions.com>
Subject Does Continuum 1.1-beta-3 alter permissions on checked out files?
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:54:36 GMT

I have a Continuum project tied to a CVS repository with a build target that
uses a shell script which is checked out from that repository.  In Continuum
1.0.3, this script executes without error, however in 1.1-beta-3, the same
script fails with a "Permission denied" error from /bin/sh.  After looking
in the working directory for this project, I found out that the executable
permission is no longer set on the script used by the build target (or any
of the other scripts in this project).  This is not the case in the
corresponding working directory for the Continuum 1.0.3 version of this
project, nor is it the case when I check out the scripts manually from CVS
on the command line (in both of those cases the scripts are, as expected,
marked as executable).

So does Continuum 1.1-beta-3 do anything to alter the permissions of the
files that it checks out?  If so, is there some way to keep that from
happening?

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks...

 -john