continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Damien Lecan" ...@dlecan.com>
Subject Re: When builds are done in multi-module projects ?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:17:54 GMT
> Can you look at logs the "enqueuing" lines to see if projects are in the right order?

It seems.
They are always in the same order for each build definition
executions, but not exactly as the same as it is this displayed by
Reactor when builing from parent pom.
Subprojects with "pom" packaging are build earlier by Continuum than
by Reactor, but nothing depends on them.

> Do you have scm changes between each build?

Of course not, otherwise the number of builds on the second continuum
instance would have been greater than 1.

The 2 configurations were running together last night.

> I'll try to reproduce it.

Are you working on a fast machine ? Because my server is slow, maybe
some processes begin before the end of other processes.

Eg :

[defaultScheduler_Worker-13] INFO  Continuum:default  - Enqueuing 'RUS
Server Project' (Build definition id=4).
[defaultScheduler_Worker-13] INFO  Continuum:default  - Enqueuing 'RUS
commons' (Build definition id=4).
[defaultScheduler_Worker-13] INFO  Continuum:default  - Enqueuing
'Domain Parent' (Build definition id=4).
[defaultScheduler_Worker-13] INFO  Continuum:default  - Enqueuing
'Persistance Parent' (Build definition id=4).
[pool-1-thread-1] INFO  buildcontroller.BuildController:default  -
Initializing build
[defaultScheduler_Worker-13] INFO  Continuum:default  - Enqueuing
'Persistance Data' (Build definition id=4).
[defaultScheduler_Worker-13] INFO  Continuum:default  - Enqueuing
'Persistance API' (Build definition id=4).
[defaultScheduler_Worker-13] INFO  Continuum:default  - Enqueuing
'Domain API' (Build definition id=4).
[defaultScheduler_Worker-13] INFO  Continuum:default  - Enqueuing
'Persistance Mock' (Build definition id=4).
[pool-1-thread-1] INFO  BuildController:default  - Starting build of
RUS Server Project
[defaultScheduler_Worker-13] INFO  Continuum:default  - Enqueuing
'Domain Test Framework' (Build definition id).
... enqueuing continues by 16 modules more

As we can see, build begins before the end enqueuing.
I don't know if it is normal or not.

Damien Lecan