continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error while starting continuum beta-2
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 01:03:15 GMT
On 9/25/07, I am Who i am <ragjan@gmail.com> wrote:
> I could n't start continuum coz of following error, any one has any idea
>
> jvm 1    | The JVM option is invalid: -XX:MaxPermSize=128m
> jvm 1    | Could not create the Java virtual machine.

Please provide more information about your environment (operating
system, jdk vendor) and how you started Continuum.

grep turns up -XX:MaxPermSize in plexus.sh/plexus.bat, so I assume
you've used that.   plexus.sh works fine for me on mac os x / JDK
1.5.0_07.  (It is 1.1-beta-3, though.)

My guess is that you're using a non-Sun JDK.  The -XX options are
non-standard.  Try editing plexus.sh/plexus.bat to remove that bit,
and see if it works then.  (Assuming my earlier assumptions are
correct. :) )

--
Wendy