continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <>
Subject Re: Connecting to the Continuum Derby Database
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 14:28:15 GMT
On 9/7/07, Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)
<> wrote:

> I started the Derby Database server on the Continuum machine.  It is
> listening on port 1527.  In my JSP page deployed on an Application
> Server on another machine in the same network I have the code:
> Connection connection =
> DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby://<Continuum IP>:1527/<Continuum
> File System Database");
> However, upon accessing the JSP page I receive:
> java.sql.SQLException: : Error connecting to
> server <ip> on port 1527 with message Connection refused: connect.

>From playing with this a bit in the past, I remember that by default
the Derby Network Server only allows connections from the same machine
it's running on.  You'll need to configure it to allow external

Google turned up this:

The Derby mailing list can probably help with related questions;
subscription info is here:

View raw message