continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Carlson, David" <>
Subject Unrecognized command line option in on IBM AIX
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:20:50 GMT
I am attempting to install continuum-1.1-beta-2 on an IBM AIX box.

I am getting a Command-line option unrecoginzed error when I run (See console output below).  I think this is because
MaxPermSize is a Sun specific command line argument (based on this
and I am tempted to remove this option from the script.  Is anybody else
seeing this?  Is removing this command-line option the correct thing to

$JAVA_HOME/bin/java -version
java version "1.5.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 AIX ppc-32
j9vmap3223-20051103 (JIT enabled)
J9VM - 20051027_03723_bHdSMR
JIT  - 20051027_1437_r8
GC   - 20051020_AA)
JCL  - 20051102
system(user)  DIR...>
$ ./
Using PLEXUS_HOME:   /usr/apps/continuum/continuum-1.1-beta-2
Using PLEXUS_BASE:   /usr/apps/continuum/continuum-1.1-beta-2
Using PLEXUS_TMPDIR: /usr/apps/continuum/continuum-1.1-beta-2/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:     /usr/java5
JVMJ9VM007E Command-line option unrecognised: -XX:MaxPermSize=128m