continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Boyer" <alex.bo...@fedex.com>
Subject Get a build when I force but not when I schedule 1.0.3
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 21:32:30 GMT
Hi,

When I force a build I get a build in failure for a project, which is
what I expect.

But if I then allow the default_schedule to start scheduling builds
every hour I don't get anymore builds. I get this message:

NFO  BuildController                - The project was not built because
there are no changes.

Well OK. I take it that we don't try a new build even though the
previous broke since nothing changed.

I deleted a file from the scm repository and waited for the next
scheduled build.

Same thing. NFO  BuildController                - The project was not
built because there are no changes.

Even though I can see where the file was deleted because the scm
changed.

That doesn't make sense.

Folder: BeanService  (working dir: C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\continuum-1.0.3\apps\continuum\working-directory\6\src\main\j
ava\BeanService)

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2007/09/28 16:09:04 | AuthResponse.java: deleted

Then if I force again I see the build error out as expected.

I must be overlooking something.

What makes a build kick off if deleting a file that would break a
compile doesn't?

Thank you,

Alex Boyer