continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Krishnaiah, Shankar" <Shankar.Krishna...@Travelex.com>
Subject RE: Connecting to the Continuum Derby Database
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2007 10:27:25 GMT
Continuum uses Derby as an embedded database.
And it allows only one application to connect at a point in time.
And yes no remote connections

So stop continuum and connect to derby locally.
-
Shankar

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Stolwijk [mailto:nick_stolwijk@planet.nl]
Sent: 07 September 2007 15:10
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: Connecting to the Continuum Derby Database

By default, Derby only listens on localhost, so no remote connections.
Have a look at the derby documentation on how to change it. [1]

Hth,

Nick S.

[1]
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/adminguide/cadminnetservsecurity.htm

Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills) wrote:
> I started the Derby Database server on the Continuum machine.  It is
> listening on port 1527.  In my JSP page deployed on an Application
> Server on another machine in the same network I have the code:
>
> Connection connection =
> DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby://<Continuum
> IP>:1527/<Continuum File System Database");
>
> However, upon accessing the JSP page I receive:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: java.net.ConnectException : Error connecting to

> server <ip> on port 1527 with message Connection refused: connect.
>

> What is the proper Java process for connecting to the Continuum Derby
> Database?  Should I pass in a username/password?  If so, should these
> be the Continuum admin username/password?
>
> I am using Continuum 1.1-alpha-2.
>
> Thank you.

protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should

> Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the
> taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]

This e-mail message (including any attachments) is private, intended solely for the recipient(s)
or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain material which is confidential and privileged.
 No one other than the named recipient(s) may read, copy, rely on, redirect, save or alter
any part of this message or attachment(s) in any way. The views, opinions and information
expressed in this message represent those of the individual sender and do not reflect the
views of the Travelex Group. Please take notice that the employees and/or agents of the Travelex
Group are not authorized to make corporate commitments or representations via e-mail and no
statement or representation made in this e-mail is binding upon the Travelex Group.  While
reasonable effort has been made to ensure this message (including any attachments) is free
of viruses, opening and using this message (including any attachments) is at the risk of the
recipient(s). The Travelex Group consists of Travelex Limited, Ruesch International, Inc.
and any subsidiaries, affiliates or related entities.  Travelex can be found on the World
Wide Web at www.travelex.com.  Ruesch can be found on the World Wide Web at www.ruesch.com.