continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <>
Subject Re: Continuum 1.1.0-beta-2 UI performance
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:47:09 GMT

Damien Lecan a écrit :
> 2007/9/12, Emmanuel Venisse <>:
>> I'd like you test something about performance.
>> As explain in this page (,
you can create a file under WEB-INF/classes that contains 'template_update_delay=60000'
>> then you extract the template directory from webwork jar to WEB-INF/classes
>> Let us know if it's better with that.
> Much better than before : the 17 module project page takes now "just"
> between 7,5s and 11s to load.
> And all pages are loaded faster.

Cool, I'll look if I can add these changes in the release.

> Thanks
> I noticed something else : pages are loaded much faster as guest than
> as admin with full roles.
> For the same 17 module project page, I get the following values
> (average for 10 loads) :
>  - guest : 7,6s
>  - admin : 11,5s
> Checking of roles takes ~4s.  Improvements could be done ?

It isn't the roles check that take some seconds but pages aren't the exactly the same for
a guest and an admin.
If you don't get project group admin or project group developer roles to guest, he can't see
some actions/links like build/edit/remove... that require some more webwork cycles

View raw message