continuum-users mailing list archives

From Nick Stolwijk <nick_stolw...@planet.nl>
Subject Re: Connecting to the Continuum Derby Database
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 14:09:54 GMT
By default, Derby only listens on localhost, so no remote connections.
Have a look at the derby documentation on how to change it. [1]

Hth,

Nick S.

[1]
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/adminguide/cadminnetservsecurity.html

Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills) wrote:
> I started the Derby Database server on the Continuum machine.  It is
> listening on port 1527.  In my JSP page deployed on an Application
> Server on another machine in the same network I have the code:
>
> Connection connection =
> DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby://<Continuum IP>:1527/<Continuum
> File System Database");
>
> However, upon accessing the JSP page I receive:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: java.net.ConnectException : Error connecting to
> server <ip> on port 1527 with message Connection refused: connect.
>

> What is the proper Java process for connecting to the Continuum Derby
> Database?  Should I pass in a username/password?  If so, should these be
> the Continuum admin username/password?
>
> I am using Continuum 1.1-alpha-2.
>
> Thank you.
>

> This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for
a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you should delete this message.

> Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]