continuum-users mailing list archives

From Antonín Faltýnek <to...@kaf.cz>
Subject Re: Continuum under Tomcat & CVS
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 07:46:27 GMT
Dne středa 26. září 2007 Emmanuel Venisse napsal(a):
> For cvs (and continnum and maven) a user home is required because cvs store
> authentication in ${user.home}/.cvspass maven required it too to store the
> local repository and settings.xml
>
> Emmanuel
>
> Antonín Faltýnek a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have problem with Continuum 1.1 beta2, which I'm running on Linux box
> > under Tomcat 5.5. Continuum is not able to perform CVS update command,
> > when I use command from log file and run it as any other user it works
> > fine for me.
> >
> > Tomcat is running under user tomcat, which has no home directory
> > (/dev/null).
> >
> > Has anybody met (and happily solved :)) this issue?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Tonda

So I've created user home for tomcat, I haven't mentioned that for connection
I'm using ssh with rsa key, from command line it works fine, tomcat is really
running under tomcat user, but continuum still fails.

(continuum is updating, because co was performed by hand)

-------------------- log snipped --------------------

38787 [http-8080-Processor25] DEBUG
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher  -  Path Based Include
38727 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Updating project:
id: '1', name 'TIF Utils'.
38980 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.scm.manager.ScmManager:default  -
Executing: /bin/bash -c "cd /var/lib/tomcat-5.5/webapps/continuum
/WEB-INF/working-directory/1 && cvs -z3 -f -q update -d"
38980 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.scm.manager.ScmManager:default  - Working
directory: /var/lib/tomcat-5.5/webapps/continuum/WEB-INF/
working-directory/1
39155 [http-8080-Processor25] DEBUG
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher  -
servletPath=/WEB-INF/jsp/components/companyLogo.jsp, pathInf
o=null, queryString=null, name=null
39155 [http-8080-Processor25] DEBUG
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher  -  Path Based Include
40079 [pool-1-thread-1] WARN
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Error while updating
the code for project: 'TIF Utils', id: '
1' to '/var/lib/tomcat-5.5/webapps/continuum/WEB-INF/working-directory/1'.
40080 [pool-1-thread-1] WARN
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Command output:
40080 [pool-1-thread-1] WARN
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Provider message: The
cvs command failed.
40123 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  - Merging
SCM results
40622 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  - Error
updating from SCM, not building