continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Madsen,Bryan" <BMAD...@CERNER.COM>
Subject 1.1-beta-3 LDAP
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 20:37:00 GMT
I trudged through configuring LDAP and am now able to log on with my
sign on and password. I think I still have some configuration related
issues that need to be addressed.

When I access the server and am not logged in I have full admin rights.
This applies to anyone.

When I log in it seems I am the administrator since I logged in the
first time. Another person I work with logged in and has the ability to
see nothing. Right now the moral of the story is don't login and you can
do anything.

When I go to the Users screen no users are displayed and the only thing
I can do is look at the User List and Roles Matrix report. How do I
configure access control for users signed in through LDAP?

In the file I added the following config:

# LDAP setup

What is the purpose of redback.default.admin and redback.default.guest?
If I omitted those configs the server crashes on startup. I used my
personnel username for admin and guest since I don't see the purpose of
these configurations and that seemed to work.

In my situation I would like to have any user login with LDAP and
default to guest access and then configure specific users for more
advanced rights. Is this supposed to be handled through the Users screen
or some other location?

Any help would be appreciated.