continuum-users mailing list archives

From Christian Gruber <cgru...@israfil.net>
Subject Re: getting relative paths maven + continuum
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 18:46:29 GMT
What I've done before is actually created a jar project that contains
the base schema and only contains the base schema, and make it a
provided dependency for the other projects.  Then I use the maven
dependency plugin to grab that .jar, pull it into a temporary folder
during the build of the dependent project, and either with ant (or a
little unzip mojo I made) pull the xml file out and put it where it
needs to be for the local build.  This supports the notion of an
artifact a little better than relying on file system locations, and
it also means that you can version that file separately. (if that's
relevant to you).

In general, I try to take any shared resource or group of resources,
and pull it into its own project so it can be a first-class maven
artifact.

christian