continuum-users mailing list archives

From "LAMY Olivier" <Olivier.L...@accor.com>
Subject RE: How to import all modules of Maven 2 project
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2007 22:06:30 GMT
Hi,

Adding support of Maven profiles in adding project won't be so hard.
But does this profile must be added automatically in the build definition ? (in your case
adding -Pallblocks in Arguments)
Can you fill an issue concerning this ?

I don't know if you need a workaround but a simple is to add in the machine you use in the
file ~/.m2/settings.xml :

  <activeProfiles>
    <activeProfile>allblocks</activeProfile>
  </activeProfiles>

--
Olivier

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Grzegorz Kossakowski [mailto:gkossakowski@apache.org]
Envoyé : dimanche 19 août 2007 00:13
À : continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Objet : Re: How to import all modules of Maven 2 project

Wendy Smoak pisze:
> On 8/18/07, Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakowski@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I noticed that Continuum can do a mass import of modules by scanning
>> recursively pom files. That's really nice feature! However, I found
>> limitation that is quite annoying for me: I can't tell Continuum to
>> use other than default Maven profile while scanning for modules. In
>> our pom[2] we have defined most modules in allblocks profile so I can't add them
automatically. Since number of modules is around 230 adding them manually is not an option.

>> Can you give some advice?
>
> My preference is to make the default setup build everything, (with
> activeByDefault or activation based on the absence of a property) and
> then rely on the other profiles to build smaller subsets.

We gradually move modules into default build so situation improves but I fear such a radical
change is not an option for us, now.

> My first (pre-caffeine) idea for a workaround is to define a minimal
> ci-pom.xml and list all the modules.  When you add the project to
> Continuum, specify that pom, but let the build definition use the
> normal pom.xml. [untested]

That does not solve our problem because our root pom looks like this:
  <modules>
     <module>blocks</module>
     <module>commons</module>
     <module>core</module>
     <module>tools</module>
     <module>dists</module>
     <!-- sub projects -->
     <module>core/cocoon-configuration/cocoon-configuration-api</module>
     <module>core/cocoon-configuration/cocoon-spring-configurator</module>
     <module>core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-components</module>
     <module>core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-impl</module>
     <module>core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-sample</module>
   </modules>

The rest is defined in other poms, so I would have to create recursively ci-pom.xml files
or create one big, aggregated ci-pom.xml files. Second option is not perfect because it still
involves recursive, manual scanning. With help of little scripting I could build some bash
script but I would really like to avoid doing this.

> Emm has also written about the XML-RPC interface, which might be
> useful to get these projects added:
> http://www.devzuz.org/blogs/evenisse/2007/08/15/1187191589861.html

This involves writing custom Java app which is even worse IMO.

I'm wondering if adding support for Maven profiles to Continuum would be that hard?

Thanks for answer.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this message") are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this message in
error please send it back to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination
or disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Ce message électronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les informations contenues
dans ce message ( ci après "le message" ), sont confidentiels et destinés exclusivement
à l'usage de la  personne à laquelle ils sont adressés. Si vous avez reçu ce message par
erreur, merci  de le renvoyer à son émetteur et de le détruire. Toutes diffusion, publication,
totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non expressément autorisées
de ce message, sont interdites.