continuum-users mailing list archives

From "John Coleman" <john.cole...@eurobase-international.com>
Subject RE: continuum 1.0.3 build errors but mvn fine
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 08:46:49 GMT
This is on Windows Server 2003. As continuum runs as a service it uses
the Local System profile. Perhaps there is an issue there.

As a long shot, I provided the proxy server settings and it works now,
even though all dependencies were already in the local repo?!

Maybe I should switch maven to offline mode as well, but I still don't
understand why it was okay on the command line.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Jesse McConnell [mailto:jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com]
Sent: 31 July 2007 21:30
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: continuum 1.0.3 build errors but mvn fine

these are generally environment issues yes..though your saying that
you can run it fine from the working directory is generally the first
time to suggest trying :)

what o/s

and you are running it in that working directory as the same user that
is running continuum, right? :)

jesse

On 7/31/07, John Coleman <john.coleman@eurobase-international.com>
wrote:
> My continuum builds continue to spew this message out...
>

> [INFO] artifact com.eurobase.maven.plugins:web-flavour: checking for
> updates from central [WARNING] repository metadata for: 'artifact
> com.eurobase.maven.plugins:web-flavour' could not be retrieved from
> repository: central due to an error: Error transferring file [INFO]
> Repository 'central' will be blacklisted [INFO]

> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>
> [INFO]

> [INFO] The plugin 'com.eurobase.maven.plugins:web-flavour' does not
> exist or no valid version could be found [INFO]
>

> However, if I go into the continuum working-dir and type mvn package
off
> the command line, the build is fine. So what goes? Some kind of
> environment configuration difference perhaps?
>

> TIA
>
> John
>

> Eurobase International Limited and its subsidiaries (Eurobase) are
unable to exercise control over the content of information in E-Mails.
Any views and opinions expressed may be personal to the sender and are
not necessarily those of Eurobase. Eurobase will not enter into any
contractual obligations in respect of any part of its business in any
E-mail.

> Privileged / confidential information may be contained in this message
and /or any attachments. This E-mail is intended for the use of the
addressee(s) only and may contain confidential information. If you are
not the / an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or
dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you
receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately, and
then delete this E-mail.

> Neither the sender nor Eurobase accepts any liability whatsoever for
any defects of any kind either in or arising from this E-mail
transmission. E-Mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free, as messages can be intercepted, lost, corrupted, destroyed,
contain viruses, or arrive late or incomplete. Eurobase does not accept
any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan any
attachments.

> Eurobase Systems Limited is the main trading company in the Eurobase
International Group; registered in England and Wales as company number
02251162; registered address: Essex House, 2 County Place, Chelmsford,
Essex CM2 0RE, UK.

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com