continuum-users mailing list archives

From Christian Gruber <cgru...@israfil.net>
Subject Re: getting relative paths maven + continuum
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 15:43:08 GMT
Maven does start in a project directory, but I suspect what you're
looking for is a parent project's directory.  Because Continuum does
not necessarily know about parent folders, since it pulls each
project out individually, you need your build setup to not be
dependent on folder location.

In other words

Parent

- Child 1

| Child 2

as a project structure is fine.  However, Continuum will treat them as

Parent
Child 1
Child 2

It will know that Child 1 has a parent of "Parent" because of the
metadata, and that is independent of file location.  this is actually
a factor of Maven, but Continuum uses maven according to Maven's
intent.  Unfortunately, some bad practice has crept in to how some
people use Maven, and Continuum's basic assumptions don't support
some of that.

Maybe if you describe your issue a little more explicitly, someone
can recommend an alternative way to accomplish the same goal that
works within Maven's assumptions.

Christian.

On Aug 7, 2007, at 11:22 AM, brad hadfield wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a new maven and continuum user.  I'm having problems setting a
> relative path because when continuum runs maven it interprets
> variables
> such as ${base.dir} differently than when I run maven from the project
> directory.  I assume this is because continuum starts maven in a
> web app
> working directory.  Is there a way to get continuum to start maven in
> the project directory?
>
> Thanks for any help you can offer.
>
> Brad

christian gruber + cgruber@israfil.net + mob 410.900.0796 + mob2
416.998.6023
process coach and architect + ISRÁFÍL CONSULTING SERVICES