continuum-users mailing list archives

From Ionut S <sion...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: monitoring builds
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:17:25 GMT
What do you need by "But in your case will need some developpement." ?

LAMY Olivier <Olivier.LAMY@accor.com> wrote: Hi,
Added in 1.1-beta-1.
But in your case will need some developpement.

Have you look at all available notifier impls :
- mail
- jabber
- wagon (send the build output file to the wagon url)
- irc

--
Olivier

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Ionut S [mailto:sionut2@yahoo.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 23 août 2007 14:03
À : continuum-users@maven.apache.org; michael.meyer@netcetera.ch
Objet : Re: monitoring builds

Do you know when this feature was added ? We still have the 1.0.3 version ...

Michael Meyer  wrote: Hi we use continuums xml-rpc api for this. Look in the archive for "[1.1-beta-1]
How does the XML-RPC API work?" (Date: 10. August 2007).
Emmanuel Venisse explains it nicely.

Cheers, michael

Ionut S wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to implement a system of lava lamps for our continuum server and I need a way
to find out when a build was done and the result. I know about the notifications mechanism,
but my lava lamps will not be located on the same computer that hosts the continuum server.

> My computer is behind a firewall and I can't change these settings - hence I can access
the continuum server from my computer but not the other way around. As a consequence, I will
need a way from my computer to "ping" Continuum from time to time and see when a build was
done.

> Another method would be to have an application that checks the email and see if an email
notification arrived (we have email notifications configured, yes). However, this solution
doesn't seem very elegant - I would keep it only as the last resort..

> Thank you in advance for your advices !
>
> Ionut
>

> ---------------------------------
> Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.  Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay
it on us.

--
Michael Meyer | michael.meyer@netcetera.ch phone +41-44-247 79 12 | fax +41-44-247 70 75 Netcetera
AG | 8040 Zürich | Switzerland | http://netcetera.ch

---------------------------------

This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this message") are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this message in
error please send it back to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination
or disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Ce message électronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les informations contenues
dans ce message ( ci après "le message" ), sont confidentiels et destinés exclusivement
à l'usage de la  personne à laquelle ils sont adressés. Si vous avez reçu ce message par
erreur, merci  de le renvoyer à son émetteur et de le détruire. Toutes diffusion, publication,
totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non expressément autorisées
de ce message, sont interdites.