continuum-users mailing list archives

From Ionut S <sion...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: monitoring builds
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:36:22 GMT
I'm not sure I understand what you are proposing..

Let's say I have a Jabber account and Continuum notifies my Jabber account that a build failed.
How would my local application know that Jabber received a message ? Wouldn't that be similar
to waiting for new emails ?

Nick Stolwijk <nick_stolwijk@planet.nl> wrote: Hi,

Maybe it is an idea to use a IM notification like Jabber. That way you
don't have to poll the continuum or your mail.

With regards,

Nick Stolwijk

Ionut S wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to implement a system of lava lamps for our continuum server and I need a way
to find out when a build was done and the result. I know about the notifications mechanism,
but my lava lamps will not be located on the same computer that hosts the continuum server.

> My computer is behind a firewall and I can't change these settings - hence I can access
the continuum server from my computer but not the other way around. As a consequence, I will
need a way from my computer to "ping" Continuum from time to time and see when a build was
done.

> Another method would be to have an application that checks the email and see if an email
notification arrived (we have email notifications configured, yes). However, this solution
doesn't seem very elegant - I would keep it only as the last resort..