continuum-users mailing list archives

From Ionut S <sion...@yahoo.com>
Subject monitoring builds
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:21:30 GMT
Hi,
I want to implement a system of lava lamps for our continuum server and I need a way to find
out when a build was done and the result. I know about the notifications mechanism, but my
lava lamps will not be located on the same computer that hosts the continuum server.

My computer is behind a firewall and I can't change these settings - hence I can access the
continuum server from my computer but not the other way around. As a consequence, I will need
a way from my computer to "ping" Continuum from time to time and see when a build was done.

Another method would be to have an application that checks the email and see if an email notification
arrived (we have email notifications configured, yes). However, this solution doesn't seem
very elegant - I would keep it only as the last resort..

Thank you in advance for your advices !

Ionut

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.  Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on
us.