continuum-users mailing list archives

From Christian Gruber <cgru...@israfil.net>
Subject Re: getting relative paths maven + continuum
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 16:58:53 GMT
If the file is not located in the local project (ie, it's located in
the parent), then you can't pass the location, because there's no
guarantee that location will exist at all.

What is the ant-task attempting to find?  Another ant file?  An xml
file?  A properties file?  If so, then you can pass in the properties
through the Pom, rather than through a file, maybe.

If it's a jar, or some other thing built in the parent, or in some
other project, then the best way to handle it is to abstract out that
jar or resource into its own project, so that it is the artifact
produced.  You can then pull in that artifact using maven ant tasks
and depend on it.

The other way to go, which is not great, but quick & dirty, would be
to remove all child projects from continuum, and just act on the
parent, and remove the --non-recursive param so it will build the
whole thing.  Unfortunately this means that all will be built
whenever any of it will be built. It also doesn't address the fact
that you're depending on things that shouldn't be depended on -
you're just working around continuum's strict requirement that this
be so.

But what, specifically, is the kind of file you're locating with the
variable, and how are you using it?  That might help suggest an
alternative approach.

christian.