continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Wayne Fay" <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: getting relative paths maven + continuum
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 16:57:03 GMT
Tell us more about what you're doing, why you're doing it, what Ant
task(s) you're using, etc and perhaps someone can come up with a
suggestion.

You may want to take this over to the Maven Users list as it is really
a Maven issue, not Continuum, and I believe more people are subscribed
to M-U than C-U.

Wayne

On 8/7/07, brad hadfield <brad.hadfield@pitchpointsolutions.com> wrote:
> Christian, thanks for your help.
>
> This is a situation where an artifact is not workable... this might be too much to ask
but can you give me an idea how I might use metadata to solve my problem?

> Ultimately I must pass a file location to an Ant task...
>
> Brad

it.  In fact, continuum checked out your child projects into their own folders that have no
relation to the parent.  There's literally no way to know what to set that property to.

> If you have things in the parent that are necessary to the children, then you need to
make sure they are available to the children either through metadata, or by being included
in an artifact (jar) that the children have access to.

> You haven't "configured things incorrectly" - your project design is problematic, because
it makes the assumption that your folder structure is constant.  With maven, you should not
make that assumption.  With continuum, you cannot make that assumption.