continuum-users mailing list archives

From Christian Gruber <cgru...@israfil.net>
Subject Re: getting relative paths maven + continuum
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 16:17:05 GMT
Yes - I thought it might be this.  You can't do that and expect
continuum to understand it.  In fact, continuum checked out your
child projects into their own folders that have no relation to the
parent.  There's literally no way to know what to set that property to.

If you have things in the parent that are necessary to the children,
then you need to make sure they are available to the children either
through metadata, or by being included in an artifact (jar) that the
children have access to.

You haven't "configured things incorrectly" - your project design is
problematic, because it makes the assumption that your folder
structure is constant.  With maven, you should not make that
assumption.  With continuum, you cannot make that assumption.

Christian.

On Aug 7, 2007, at 11:45 AM, brad hadfield wrote:

> Thanks Emmanuel,
>
> I have a property with a path that looks like ${basedir}/../../../
> core-parent/trunk/
>
> If I use the variable ${basedir} by running maven from the command
> line the location looks like: C:\CIProjects\ProjectsMain\
>
> But when I run the build in Continuum the Maven variable ${basedir}
> is indicated as C:\Continuum\apps\continuum\webapp\WEB-INF\working-
> directory\21
>
> Obviously I've configured something incorrectly...

christian gruber + cgruber@israfil.net + mob 410.900.0796 + mob2
416.998.6023
process coach and architect + ISRÁFÍL CONSULTING SERVICES